Saturday, August 25

lost..... and still lost

this morning, chin mei lee went for a workshop called Take Charge!, which is supposed to prepare us before doing our internship.

in one of the modules, all of us were required to fill up these 4 components :
  1. myself
  2. my family
  3. my university
  4. my career

to write down precisely what we want in these 4 important aspects of our life.

motivational talks never work for Ms. Chin, but this one kept me thinking almost the whole day...

i took quite some time to think of what I really want in life, and I've failed tremendously.

hoping that it's not too late to realise, I actually have no idea of what I want, AT ALL.

just wondering whether it's normal to forget what you've always wanted when you were in primary school. remember the yellow card where we're supposed to write down our ambitions? I remember writing Teacher (which is totally impossible now), Businesswoman and Lawyer (I choose to drop this too-ambitious ambition).

sometimes I truly hope I will have those determination to succeed in life, back to me again. I realised that I don't really wanna get married... too soon *wink* But it's like I've lost my direction, just doing my degree without knowing what I really want. the feeling is torturing me, so much. some might say "aiya, it's normal wan la, at this stage of life you're still unsure what you want".

But I don't want to continue being lost. I don't want to be distracted, but I don't deny the fact that I do get distracted very easily and therefore, will tend to forget what I want... always. I want to be back on track, I don't want to regret after graduation.

oh mei lee, stop complaining...

anyway, some of you might have watched this. just want to share. left me in tears today :(

Kiss- Because I'm A Girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgnkud7oXhA

if you're reading this, start thinking of what you want, and take action. don't be like me. sigh sigh... (told ya, the talk really worked on me...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm...does graduating and heading straight for the desired appropriate job or heading straight for the desired job represents what anybody wants?

i mean...what is there in life?just to study/grad/work/marry/reproduce/live happyily ever after ? LOL

well...all in all...perhaps by being happy and not wasting your life is what life is all about or usually....there's more to it...

too blur & sick to think bout it now... TT

Anonymous said...

desired job.. i don't even know what's my desired job.. see my problem? sigh...

perhaps up this to point of life i should just enjoy more hoh.. ok! i will quit uni... (or make them expel me) tomorroW! then i will fly to australia n get free food, free accomodation.. free maid.. free everything okok?? 0.0 hmm.. australia is such a nice country.. kekekkekeek

eh apasal? sick ar?

Anonymous said...

busy with exam eh u lately or something else eh? hehehehe :P

erm...waiting for ur new post till sick liao... *.-" or *.* or #.#

erm...i'll see you at the airport ya...call me when u arrive :D

or u referring to other parts of australia ??? :S

btw,just a suggestion...if u're going to make them expel u...spray paint ur name all over campus + dean's car + lecture halls + roads... be a legend...

anyhow,ENJOY life before u go for a full working life...as in a full working life...life is practically non-existent usually... :(

oot-oot said...

after grad, people goes to work and when you stable in work, you get marry. and when you have more money you give birth to babies. and when you're older you retire....

the same cycle goes to everyone...

but we can do it in a way that we desire. if you don't know what\s next. refer to the cycle. if you don't know what's your desire job, just get the best selection of a bloody job that suit u most (might not be perfect though) and get experience.

then later on you will kno what you really wan...

Anonymous said...

in other words...just do something would make you least unhappy and SURVIVE !!!

LOL :D

ML said...

thanks sl n xiuhui..

maybe i shouldn't worry too much, right? sigh sometimes i just think too much, afraid of this and that.. hmm..

yeah i totally agree that studying is much better than working.. even if it's a part-time job it's already not fun.. what more full-time.. hehehehehehh ops..